Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

I do resolutions.  I know a lot of people don't.  A lot of people think resolutions are a waste of time, etc., etc.  Sure, I don't keep some of my resolutions BUT many great things in my life started as a new years resolution.  Becoming a nurse, running, triathlons.  All goals that started with the new year.  Last year I had 1 resolution.  Have a healthy baby (preferably an unmedicated water birth).  Mission accomplished.  This year my list is MUCH longer. 

I started to do a 2011 wrap up.  For me it was a pretty great year- and I know I haven't been keeping up with this so I kinda need to do a race recap- but for the first post of the new year I wanted to look ahead. 

2012 Resolutions

-Take more pictures. Of the family, of life.  Its all flying by and I know the girls will be graduating high school before I know it.  I need to take pictures of the everyday. 

-Plan meals. Sit down to dinner as a family at least once a week. This is SO hard for me.  I am such a bad meal planner and the girls are so flipping picky BUT I'm going to make an effort. 

-Pay off debt; save more money (doesn't everyone have this one!)

-Grow a garden.  I try this almost every year but never quite make it.  Or I start it and it falls apart.  But this year I'm really going to try. 

-Lose baby weight.  I have 15-20 lbs to lose before I am at my pre-pregnancy weight.  I'd like to lose it by 3/31.  baby's 1st birthday.  This encompasses many other things.  I plan to do Turbofire, run, go to the gym, eat better, drink more water. 

I have been going back and forth about training for a race.  I'd like something specific to train for, I feel like it helps me to stay focused on a goal, however, I am having trouble committing to something with as crazy as life is right now. Plus, I feel like training can sometimes interfere with losing weight and I really want to get the weight off right now.  I would like to do a late spring 1/2 marathon and also OUC next year.  I think other than that I am not going to train for anything specific.  Next year I feel like I will be able to start getting back into tri-training.  And I really want to but its easier (and more enjoyable) for me to focus on running this year.  

Anyone else do resolutions?  What does everyone have planned for this year? 

1 comment:

ImTheMarigold said...

I am definitely not the resolution type but I do have a few measurable goals for 2012. I'd like to lose 10 pounds, 5 that I carried during marathon training and another 5 I packed on afterward. Tentatively, I want to run 1,000 miles this year. Might be too ambitious but we'll see. I have a lot of races ahead of me so if I train smart it could be possible. Happy New Year and best of luck with your resolutions!