Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

so good

     Made it to track today.  Feels so good to be out there.  Its ALWAYS worth it to get up early to be out there, although I may have to remind myself of that next time.  This morning I didn't want to get up, I had a very cozy little 15lb bundle of snuggle curled up with me, but I had set my clothes out last night and I knew I would be disappointed if I didn't go! 

     Training with a group is great.  I think everyone should do it.  My coach is always happy to see me and even though I don't know as many people now there are still familiar faces and new friends.  Everyone is encouraging and supportive and I always push myself more.  I try not to think about how I am running the back of the pack now and a year ago I was more towards the front.  Everyone keeps telling me it will come back, I'm not so sure but I'll keep trying. 

     I've had lots of people this week tell me that they have been going through the same things.  Busy moms trying to fit in time for a run, for the gym, for themselves and still work a full time job and take care of a house and kids.  I've had several people say they would run with me in early morning.  It's awesome to have so many wonderful women in my life who are so supportive and kind.  I hope that I can be just as supportive to all of you. Either in person or through the blog.  I think that is one thing that I love so much about the running/triathlon community.  There is so much support- it doesn't matter if you are first place or last. If you are training for a sprint or an ironman. Everyone is out there and going through it together. 

     If you are reading this (I know people are because you keep telling me you are!) I want you to pick a goal for the fall.  Not a weight loss goal, a fitness goal.  Like a race you want to train for and do, doesn't matter if its a 5k or a 10k or a tri.  But pick something challenging, something you have never done or haven't done in a long time.  Let me know what it is so I can follow you and try to support you along the way. 

My goal is to get back into tri's!  My goal race is Moss Park sprint August 20. 


This is a pic of me and my fabulous coach Sway. 
Moss Park Sprint Spring 2010.  I took 1st in my age group (don't ask how many people were in my age group!)

5 comments:

ImTheMarigold said...

My goal is running my first marathon! GAH!!! We can do it!

Kristina said...

My first goal is the 10K in November. Second goal is the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Feb.

Becca said...

1st full!! EEEKKK! What is the race date? I am planning to do OUC 1/2 in December and the Disney princess 1/2 as well.

Ashley said...

My baby is due Sept 4th...and my goal is to run a 5K by December. I think thats a reasonable goal....I think? And then I want to train for my first half ironman and hopefully make it in time to do Augusta 2012.

Becca said...

Ashley- I think thats a really reasonable goal. I don't think I'll make Augusta '12 but maybe the next year for me!