Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Made it to the Gym

Decided this was the week to take baby to the gym.   I have a great gym with great childcare.  The little babies are separate from the bigger babies/toddlers and the older kids are not even in the same room/area.  There is a class every day at 12:15 so the plan is to catch that class each day.  Day 1 was spin.  Dropped a pretty awake baby off for the first time.  They said they usually give about 15 minutes and if they are crying/upset after 15 min. they come and get you.  He made it 30 minutes (over 1/2 of spin class)

The next day was body pump.  I dropped a very sleepy baby off and they held him for a few minutes and then put him in the swing where he happily snoozed for all of body pump.  Wed. was spin and he slept the whole class again!  wooo-hooo!!  Thursday he was tired early and I couldn't keep him awake until gym time.  I dropped him off a little early and ran on treadmill 20 min. checked on him and he was doing okay so I went to pump and expected to be called during class but he ended up making it the whole time.  

I managed to do pump twice and spin almost twice.  I'm a little sore from pump but its not too bad.

I want and need to run.  I just don't know where to fit it and I don't want to get hurt by doing too much.  I am going to run this evening for sure. I actually know HOW to fit it in-  I have to wake up at 5 at least 2 days during the week.  feed the baby and then get out to run by 6.  This is my work day routine and it makes sense to do it to run, as well.  I just got lazy while on maternity leave and have started sleeping in.  Plus, baby still wakes up during the night so its easy just to stay in bed.  But next Tuesday I will get out for a morning run

Now I have a schedule set and am going to try my best to stick to it.  Hopefully baby continues to do well in the gym daycare and I am able to do class next week Mon-Fri again as well as add a t/th run.  Once I get that down for a week or 2 I will start thinking about where to add the bike and swim!

1 comment:

krisjwilkin said...

I want to go to bodypump!! Maybe since I am off Wed and Thurs I can join you for some of the classes.